What we offer
Bushmills caters for different ages and interests. For those who want to discover who Jesus is and to find out how to live for him, there are times for prayer and Bible study. Our youth programme has undergone an extensive review in 2012 as we seek to influence young lives for God as well as for good.
Here are some of the groups in church life:
- Crèche – a well equipped, safe space with fully trained leaders meets during morning worship for children of 0-3 years.
- Children’s Church – our Sunday School, which meets during the second part of Sunday morning worship for primary school-age children to get to know God. There’s a Bible-based curriculum and Catechism for children to follow.
- Sonrise – on Sunday mornings at 10.20 for secondary school age young people , beginning with breakfast and chat, followed by about 40 minutes of Bible and discussion.
- TNT – Tuesday Night Thing is our new youth club, meets funnily enough on Tuesdays at 7pm in the Hall for games, outings and activities. All secondary school age children are welcome, whether involved with the congregation or not.
- Presbyterian Women – meets monthly offering ladies a place for fellowship, encouragement and service in the local and global church. There are monthly meetings on a Thursday evening (second Thursday of each month).
- Prayer Focus – the most important meeting of all! On the third Thursday of the month from 8-9pm, led by the Minister, we pray for one another, our community and those in need.
- Bowling Club – indoor bowling has been popular for many years and continues to offer opportunities for practice and participation in local competitions. Meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Bible Courses – Bushmills offers small groups for Bible Study, looking at different texts. Usually held on a Wednesday evening, led by the Minister and others who help lead the small groups, often ending with delicious desserts. These courses are usually well attended – some last 6 weeks, others have lasted 12 weeks. Check the Bulletin for more details.
- Alpha/Christianity Explored – every few years Bushmills offers a basic course about Christianity, to help people understand who Jesus is and how to be a follower of him today. Courses vary in size and times of meeting – check the Bulletin for details.
- Choir – there’s a Choir every Sunday at Bushmills, with practices for Christmas, Easter and Harvest. Newcomers are welcome.
- Young at Heart – our Seniors’ group, meets monthly to enjoy occasional guest speakers, games and outings. We’re always pleased when new people pop along!