Rev’d David Maybin, B.A., formerly minister of Second Cookstown was the sixteenth minister of Bushmills. Born in 1881 and educated at the Queen’s College Belfast and the Royal University of Ireland, Mr. Maybin was installed at Bushmills on 28th June 1928. Many of the features of the present meeting house were added during Mr. Maybin’s ministry, including the four beautiful stained glass windows. Electricity was installed in 1932. Mr. Maybin’s family were extremely generous to the congregation, providing the pulpit and choir stalls in 1937, whilst in 1947 a new organ from the firm of Evans and Barr was installed at the sum of £1,000, the cost of which was borne by a legacy from the estate of the minister’s late sister, Miss Maria Maybin. In the short history of the congregation penned by H.B. Wallace in 1996, Mr. Maybin is remembered as a man who ‘held strong convictions and expressed them with vigour’. Mr. Maybin retired on 1st November 1949 and died on 1st December 1952.