The Rev’d John Logue, the minister from 1746 until 1756, was educated at Glasgow University. It was during Mr. Logue’s ministry that the congregation decided in 1753 to move east, across the River Bush once more to the location in the town of Bushmills where the church buildings are presently situated. The thatched meeting house was not sufficiently large for communion seasons when a tent was erected in the ground across the road from the church. A minority of the congregation, however, decided to remain at Dunluce and, following a petition to the Synod of Ulster, this grouping was erected into a full congregation. So, the modern-day Dunluce congregation came into being.